Foreign & Commonwealth Office / Chevening
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office is the UK government department responsible for promoting British interests overseas, and supporting British citizens and businesses around the globe.
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the FCO and partner organisations. The scholarships are awarded to outstanding students with leadership potential, to take one-year Masters courses at UK universities. There are around 46,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly-regarded global network.
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Chevening Scholarships are for talented professionals who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion and academia.
- Applicants should be high-calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
The Cambridge Trust works in partnership with the Chevening programme to offer a global programme of Chevening/Cambridge Scholarships.
A separate external application is required for this scholarship
To ensure that they are considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Check with Chevening the funding call deadlines and details of the application process, and apply accordingly; and
- Apply for admission to the University of Cambridge by the funding deadline specific to their course
Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential, and require financial assistance to study at the University of Cambridge. Applicants should check their country on the Chevening website for any subject priorities.
Note for students
You are encouraged to use the Trust's scholarships search to find all the awards for which you may be eligible.