DeepMind Cambridge Scholarship
The DeepMind Cambridge Scholarship is a new programme to support and encourage under-represented groups to pursue postgraduate education. The Scholarship is available to female applicants and/or black applicants who wish to study for a Master’s degree in Advanced Computer Science at Cambridge; these students are currently under-represented in the Faculty of Computer Science and Technology at the University.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- hold a conditional offer of admission to the University of Cambridge for the MPhil in Advanced Computer Science;
- be female and/or Black-African, Black-Caribbean or Black-other ethnicity;
- be resident in the United Kingdom or European Union
For October 2019 entry to Cambridge, applicants should:
- apply by 31 March 2019 by completing the online Graduate Application Form and be offered conditional admission to the University of Cambridge;
- complete a separate application form with a Personal Statement of how they meet the eligibility criteria.
Separate application form
The Trust will look at the personal statements of all applicants with conditional offers of admission to the MPhil in Advanced Computer Science and will consult with the Faculty of Computer Science and Technology for guidance on how the applicants performed at interview and how they would be scored according to academic qualifications and academic reference, as they would in the usual Graduate Funding competition.
The deadline for receipt of the DeepMind application form is 31 March 2019 and when completed, the application form should be returned, by email, to the Cambridge Trust.
Note for applicants:
The Trust will notify successful applicants in May 2019 prior to commencement of their course.