Churchill College received its Royal Charter in 1960, and is the national and Commonwealth memorial to Sir Winston Churchill. It is the embodiment of his vision of how higher education can benefit society in the modern age.
Like other Cambridge colleges, it is committed to outstanding academic achievement; more than twenty of its members have won the Nobel Prize. While it focuses especially on science, engineering and technology, its teaching and research also reflect the intense interest in the arts and humanities of Sir Winston himself, whose own Nobel Prize was for literature. And it builds bridges between academia and business and the professions.
Churchill College works with the Cambridge Trust to offer several research studentships:
- Pochobradsky Studentship in Engineering/Chemical Engineering (PhD)
- Pfizer Studentship in Biological Sciences (PhD)
- Gulbenkian Yuval Studentship in any subject (PhD)
- Jafar Studentship in Petroleum Engineering or Earth Sciences (PhD)
- Palestinian Studentship in any subject (Masters) (in partnership with the Saïd Foundation)
Churchill College also works with Wing Yip and the Cambridge Trust to offer the Wing Yip Cambridge Scholarship (Masters).
Further information is available on the College’s website.
Note for students
You are encouraged to use the Trust's scholarships search to find all the awards for which you may be eligible.
NB: the deadline for applications to the LLM in 2018-19 is 15 November 2017.